Saturday 5 May 2012

Day 5: mini-painting

Made a small painting on a mini-canvas again. Time sure is catching up on me. I have a few "works in progress" laying around, which I'll hopefully finish in the next couple of days. But I'll have to throw in some pencil sketches as well I guess, if I want to keep up with this challenge. Painting is sometimes just too much work. When I'm stuck with painting, I find the best thing is often to leave it alone and in the morning look at it again with fresh eyes.

Not to worry. As long as I'm doing something creative every day, I'm happy. And I've already learned a lot these past few days, forcing myself to finish things and not think too much.

Here she is: face number 5, done on a 10x10cm canvas, with acrylics and watersoluble pencils on top of collage. The quote is from Vincent Van Gogh.


Thanks to all who take the time to visit my blog and leave comments. It means a lot to me. Especially knowing that there are now 112 (!) participants in this challenge, and believe me, I know how many hours it takes to visit each and every blog! I try to limit it to 2 times a week, so just be patient, I'll come back and visit yours ;-)


2 comments:

  1. She is beautiful Denthe... I love her gorgeous eyes... actually I love everything about her... and the Van Gogh quote... and I know what you mean about painting time... thinking I might need to do a page over two days or so to keep up...

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely face.
    The work you did on her eyes, fantastic.
    Great choice of colors & quote! :]
    Working on a small scale can be challenging... love pushing myself.
    You are doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !