Saturday 19 May 2012

Day 19: face number 18

Finished a small painting today that I made a background for last week already. I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's a bit too dark for my liking. But I don't know how to lighten it up without losing all the drips.

So for now I'll just leave her as she is. Look at her every now and then, and then maybe in a few weeks I'll suddenly know what to do with it. It usually goes that way.

She's done in acrylics, inks and Inktense pencils.


And today I'm going to finish the links-list! Better start right now because it's getting late. Again!

See you tomorrow! Thanks for having a look!

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful Denthe... love the blue and the drips... her eyes are mesmerizing... she honestly looks like she has something to tell... fabulous expression...

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like here because it makes her eyes stand out even more. I love what I am seeing Denthe.
    ManonX

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is wonderful, the feeling on the woman's face mixed with the drips seems so perfectly mated.
    loved looking at your previous faces also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those eyes are amazing! I like the drips, I find making a 'drippy painting' is very theraputic. The background colours work well being warm behind the cool coloured face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do that all the time...set something aside for a bit and come back to it. I love the drips and those eyes are piercing! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I like her dark mood. :) Gorgeous painting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !