Wednesday 6 February 2013

Face no. 6: Colourful girl

Today's face was pure play! I had so much fun with it. I just smeared colours around with paint and oil pastels and felt like a little kid.


Despite all the colours, I felt it lacked something, although I couldn't quite pinpoint what it was. So I got out my map with all kinds of images to use in collages (which I never do because whenever I try to do a collage it ends up looking like a very bad imitation of Teesha Moore ...). Just for fun I put a picture of an eye over her painted eye, and voila, the image completely changed. I love when that happens. Played around with some more bits and pieces, and ended up with this:


Found the picture in the left hand bottom corner and thought she fitted in there, although she looked quite mad. And now that I've scanned it and seen it on my computerscreen, I suddenly know why I wanted her there: she is like the wicked witch, telling me every so often that what I'm doing is not good enough, not perfect enough, not unique enough. And blah blah blah.... I think you all know the wicked witch, who puts your head full of self-doubts and frustrations. I know she has been visiting me a few times this last week... In fact, I just read about her on another blog, and I couldn't agree more with Kristin.

But on this page, she is small and gets totally ignored. Which pisses her off immensely, hence the look on her face. Ha! Whenever she's visiting me again in the future, I'm gonna take a look at this page in my journal and remember the fun I had in creating this. Who cares if no one likes it, who cares if it isn't perfect? We should just enjoy what we do and be happy that at least we have the enthousiasm to create things and try things out. Which is a whole lot better than just hanging in your chair and do nothing because you think you're not good enough.

Well, after this rant I'll try and visit some more participants. Oops, it's very late already, might have to do that tomorrow ....

Thanks so much for visiting. I really appreciate all of your kind comments. They too help chase away the wicked witch ... ;-)

See you tomorrow! ♥

18 comments:

  1. Love the addition of your collage elements. And those little dots around her are so great, leading the eye. Shrink that critic -- I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never listen to that witch... she is crazy lol
    Very fun and colorful page, turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, i know that witch! she visits me often!

    Love the dots.........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wat een lekker gekleurd dametje en je kunt gewoon zien dat je plezier hebt gehad aan het creëren. Leuk hè, zo'n beetje plakken op je schilderij.... ik vergeet met collages maken ook even alles om me heen. Heb alles vol liggen met boekjes en snippers en als het eenmaal geknipt is, is het ook zo geplakt. Maar een combinatie mét tekenen of schilderen is natuurlijk nog mooier. Helaas vind ik dat ik niet zo goed ben in portretten.... oeps ik heb ook een klein heksje :-)
    Liefs,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Who cares if no one likes it, who cares if it isn't perfect? We should just enjoy what we do and be happy that at least we have the enthusiasm to create things and try things out. Which is a whole lot better than just hanging in your chair and do nothing because you think you're not good enough."

    yes. so. yes. :) she's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah that witch can be a darn pest, I get her visiting too. Love this piece and adding the dots was inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent, all that color she has my vote!! Be gone witch....I have a gremlin she can pair up with... too much talking I say.... be gone negative voices...lol Your art is always beautiful!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  8. She has a great Expression. And The colors are amazing too.
    Hugs
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is just gorgeous. I love the colors and that wandering eye on this so much. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very expressive... love the visual statement! :]
    Great work. ~xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the drawing, and the new eye, very cool

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is beautiful. the colours...just looks so velvety

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are so much fun with your art! Loved seeing this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun - that collage-d eye is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your stories behind your art and how you explain what you've created. I love your colourful girl and yeah too bad for that annoying witch, hah hah!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this face! Wicked witch as well. Wouldn't be the same without her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your paintings are always impressive and inspiring. Love the different eyes!
    xox Anja

    ReplyDelete
  18. She is FABULOUS! And by the way - the wicked witch is dead! *S*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !