Tuesday 4 September 2012

Day 4: Be careful

I'd completely forgotten how much work it is when you have to post each day! Well, not really THAT much work, but still: getting a girl ready is no problem, one-line-girls are very fast drawings. But looking for a quote and making a post about it, well, it takes some time, I must admit.  And then of course I want to see what the other participants are doing, and before I know it my evening has gone.

But here she is, all ready, with a very important message:


My day flew by as well. I have finally been finishing the sides of a lot of the small paintings I did during the last 29 faces challenge, and the summer of color challenge. And boy that was a lot of work! No wonder I had been putting it off for so long. I had planned on doing the sides in a solid color, but I didn't like it at all, so now I had to try and find out which colours I used, and let the drawing flow over onto the sides. But I'm very happy with how they look now. Lesson learned: DO IT RIGHT AWAY!

I've also been working on new mosaic mirrors, and everything that could go wrong went wrong, and then some .... So no time to work on my Flora-painting today, boohoo. Hopefully more time on Thursday, my second designated painting day of the week (I'm getting quite organized...).

If I get permission in time from a favorite artist of mine (I still have to ask ..) I'll do an inspiring artist post tomorrow, alongside my one-line-girl.

See you tomorrow! Thanks so much for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. Love your faces, really cool! Nice backgrounds, too - and quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These one line faces are fabulous. Love today's quote... brill :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laughing out loud at that quote! Never heard it before, did you make it up?
    Your gal is lovely and wonderfully one lined!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn! No, I didn't make it up, but I've been collecting quotes for as long as i can remember, so I don't know where it came from. Somewhere in the world wide web ... ;-)

      Delete
  4. so true....the quote and the amount of work involved with posting everyday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found I need to do the sides as I'm painting otherwise they end up unfinished. :)) Girl looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, love this! Both the quote and the art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your one line girls are amazing! I like them more each time I see them...

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are amazing Love the background and today's quote is really good and so true!

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like she is holding her tongue and about to kiss someone's ass!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely girl and great quote Denthe. Have you been painting on canvas or wood?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra! These girls are just drawings on watercolor paper. I'm still painting on canvas, but a whole bunch of wooden canvases are waiting for me!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !