Wednesday 12 September 2012

Daily girl and artists that inspire me: Olga Gouskova

Olga Gouskova is a Russian-born artist, who immigrated to Belgium in 1996 and still lives there.

 I've known her art for years now and I love it. The contrast between the muted realistic figures and the more outlined illustration-like hair, flowers, butterflies etc. makes her work really interesting and different.

She usually paints women, beautiful, melancholic and strong women.

Her paintings have a dreamlike quality.

I love how she makes those patterns in the clothes. 

And the hair is beautifully done as well...


Her women often have flowers or butterflies coming out of their hair. Love it!

Look at that lace. So beaufitul ...


You can find lots more of this eye-candy on her website. She has a Facebookpage too. Go have a look, you won't regret it!

Today's one-line-girl is having trouble remembering things.


Reminds me of myself sometimes ;-) Especially when it comes down to technical things. My hubby has to explain things time and time again, and I keep forgetting it. My 9-year-old daughter knows better how to handle the moviebox than I do ... Strange how my memory is excellent when it's about painting and techniques and materials and artists' names .... I guess that shows where my real interests lie, right !?

Well, that's it for today. Hope you enjoyed Olga's art, I'll see you tomorrow with another one-liner. Thanks for stopping by!



12 comments:

  1. Olga's work is amazing Denthe... simply stunning... and love today's One Liner... yes... think that quote reminds me of myself sometimes too...lol

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great work of Olga. very amazing and beautiful.
    Your one-line girl is marvelous too.
    Lovely greet
    marja
    (marjascreativity)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your one line girls always match the quote so perfectly!! Good job!! Olga is a very interesting artist!! Thanks for sharing!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can understand why you like this artist, her work is fabulous! and I do love the background as well, no much contrast.

    I do like her work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Olga's art is very good thanks for sharing. I love your one line girls and I know you were thinking about me with that quote :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really loving all these drawings/sketches. And WOW! I can't believe the number of participants. Good Going, Ayala! Wish I had time to post on everyone's individual submissions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the lady you made is fantastic, the text made me giggle... great piece ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for sharing this artist.... her art is quite beautiful.

    loved seeing your line face, lovely day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooh--thanks for sharing Olga's work. It's gorgeous. But I must say that I love your one-line drawings too. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for posting about Olga, her art is just as you say - i absolutely love her style. And you oneline girl is great as is the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing Olga's amazing work with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Wow! Olga's art is fantastic. I love it! Just the inspiration I was looking for.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !