Sunday, 12 August 2012

Very inspiring blogger award

I have been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! That makes me so happy, it was a really lovely surprise! Sweet Candace N'Diaye, whom I (virtually) met in the business course from Leonie Dawson, has nominated me (thanks Candace!).  Candace makes beautiful soul art, a blend of nature and spirituality. You should go check her work out.

Now what does this mean? I have to tell you 7 things about myself, AND I get to nominate 15 other blogs for this award! I like that! Although it's gonna be hard to choose between the many lovely blogs that I follow. So I think I'm going to concentrate on those blogs that inspire me most, meaning blogs with a lot of information.

These are the rules:
  1. Display the award logo on your blog.
  2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
  3. State 7 things about yourself.
  4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
  5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.

Okay, here are the 7 things about myself, in case you're interested:
  1. I love reading! When I read, the world around me doesn't exist anymore. Very much to the annoyance of my family. Since I always seem to be short in time, I tend to combine reading with my everyday activitities. I read on the toilet, in bath, while I'm doing my exercises, when the potatoes are cooking, while I'm brushing my teeth, and for a perfect ending of the day: with a flashlight under the covers so I don't wake up my husband ...
  2. who isn't really my husband by the way, since we never got married. We are living in sin ;-) in a "de facto" relationship, as they so nicely put it here in Australia ;-). It's just hard to know how to call him. "Partner" sounds so lame, and he's more than just "boyfriend". So I cheat sometimes and call him my husband  ...
  3. I hate cold. When we were still living in Belgium I got in a kind of winterdepression every time October came around. Those long wintermonths ahead, how I hated it. As soon as spring came in sight I started to feel alive again. Just a pity that summer in Belgium doesn't necessarily mean good weather. Since we're living in sunny Queensland, I feel alive every single day, even when it's raining. I adore the sun!
  4. I am forever on a diet. When I'm not on a diet I am under the impression that I can eat whatever I want. Which I can't. But I do. Until I don't fit in my clothes anymore, and then I have to start dieting again. It's a vicious circle .... 
  5. I have a very vivid imagination. Which is an asset when I want to create something, but it can get quite annoying when I start reading the newspapers or start thinking about what can happen to my kids when they do this or that. It freaks me out sometimes. So I stopped reading grisly stories about the horrible things people do to eachother, because for days afterwards I picture the most awful scenes in my head.
  6. I get very cranky when someone or something disturbs my sleep. Especially barking dogs. Or inconsiderate neighbours with loud music. But mostly barking dogs. Don't get me wrong: I like dogs. They just shouldn't bark.
  7. I am the queen of the todo-lists. I have a gazillion things I want to do, aside from the never-ending tasks of everyday life, and I often feel out of control. So I make lists. Creative todo-lists, household-todo-lists, diet-todo-lists, chores-todo-lists, administrative-todo-lists and so on. I sometimes feel I spend more time trying to come up with the perfect synoptic list than I do actually carrying out all the things that are on the lists.... Procrastination is one of my flaws. I only jump into action at the very last moment. I need stress to get things done.

And now my favorite part: 15 bloggers that I find very inspiring (in no particular order):

  1.  Sharon Tomlinson from All Norah's Art. Norah's blog is a wealth of information. When I first discovered her, years ago, I spent hours just looking through all her previous posts and getting the most brilliant ideas.
  2. I wrote this for you: a blog with the most beautiful writing. I don't even know whether it is a man or a woman who writes this, but it often gives me shivers reading it. 
  3. Jane Davies from Collage Journeys: I only discovered her blog recently, but she is so generous with sharing all kinds of techniques, that I became a follower right away.
  4. Empty Easel: I'm not sure I can call this a blog, it's an online art magazine that is chock-ful of information. Really. I have spent hours on there and still didn't read even half of what's on there.
  5. Kristen from Art Play Today: another artist who is really generous with sharing her knowledge. I love her art.
  6. Dina Wakley from Ponderings: I had come across her name a few times since I started blogging, but it's only recently that I took a good look at her site and became an enthusiastic follower. Inspiration galore!
  7. Julie Fei-Fan Balzer: she's one of the teachers of 21 secrets and I loved her workshop (I still didn't get to do all the workshops there). On her blog she recently put up a button with all her tutorials. Very informative!
  8. Julie from On the Dot Creations: If you want to grow a small (online) business from your art then you don't want to miss this blog. There is so much information and tips on there, I think I'll need a few weeks just to get through it all. Very useful when you sell on Etsy!
  9. SuziBlu: I think Suzi doesn't need an introduction. Most of you probably know her. She was one of the first artists I discovered online, through her YouTube videos. Also the very first online workshop I did was with her. She taught me a lot and has been a great inspiration all over.
  10. ProBlogger: full of information and interesting ideas about blogging.
  11. An'Angelia Thompson from Angelia's Art journals: I love her intuitive art and she is very generous with sharing her ideas and how-to's. Check it out!
  12. Giggles from Happy Tiler: in between pictures of her art, she shares pearls of wisdom about everyday life. I love reading her posts!
  13. Michelle Allen from Close2myart: Michelle's art is whimsical, fun and unique. She often shares in progress pics of her art, and there are some cool tutorials too. Her journalpages are awesome. She started a new blog in February, and I haven't been able to find a link to the old one. Which is a shame, because there was so much eye-candy on there...
  14. Artodyssey: almost daily updates with pictures from different artists. I have found so many great artists there already. It's always exciting to find a new favorite one.
  15.  And last but certainly not least: Christy Sobolewski from Gulfsprite: Christy in another artist who very generously shares all her tips and tricks with her readers. She's also a teacher on Art Geeks.

I would've liked to nominate everyone I'm following but I had to make a choice. I hope you take the time to check out these links. Take my word for it: they're worth it!

I finally finished all my miniature paintings. They had been waiting since forever to get the sides done. Now that's out of the way I can put some varnish on them tomorrow, and then I can scratch it off my creative todo-list ;-) Yesss!
No picture though, because it's nighttime here and I can't make a decent picture with or without flash. That'll be for next time.

Bye for now! Thanks for stopping by!











8 comments:

  1. THANKS! It looks like I am in very good company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your sweet words, and blog award!! I appreciate the wonderful acknowledgement, hope I can live up to it!! You are so kind!!

    Big hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your award. You indeed have an inspiring blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for the kind words and the mention! :)
    xoxo-m

    ReplyDelete
  5. fun to see all these links + love your art toooooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denthe for this recognition and award and congratulations to you. I am so swamped at the moment, I hope I don't take too long to follow through with my part.

      Delete
  7. New Diet Taps into Innovative Plan to Help Dieters Get Rid Of 23 Pounds in Just 21 Days!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I'm getting too many spammer comments nowadays, l have banned anonymous users from commenting. Hope this isn't a problem for you !