Friday 3 March 2017

Thank you !

I have been so touched by the many heartfelt reactions to my previous blogpost, that I want to thank all of you for "getting" me. Bringing messages of compassion and understanding, making people think and feel, making people aware, is not only what I want to do with my art, I need to do it. And it hurts when this gets censored. So thank you! I appreciate each and everyone's reaction and opinion.

While I had planned this week to start a new painting, it didn't work out. The kids have school holidays this week and it just was too busy. But I do have a few more faces to share :-)

Here's another mapface (well, two actually ...):


I really enjoy creating these mapfaces. I might even make a little book full of them when I have some more.

Here's a watercolour:


And another journalspread in my roadmap-book:


That's it for this week! Apart from the funnies of course :-) Here they are:








And of course the ones to think about:






That's quite depressing actually.... I sure hope earth doesn't look like that in 2035.... :-(

I will link this to Paint Party Friday, where I'm happy to be part of a great compassionate group of artists with big hearts and wonderful art. Hop on over there to have a look!

Thanks for being here, I so appreciate you coming around and leaving comments. Have a beautiful day, and enjoy your weekend! I'll be back next week ♥ ♥ ♥

18 comments:

  1. Love this post and of course your art. Your funnies always get to me, however the one about dt library.... his ex wife evana has something to say about that. This is just one link about it. Even dt admits to it.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trumps-ex-wife-once-said-he-kept-a-book-of-hitlers-speeches-by-his-bed-2015-8

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely post Denthe. Your mapfaces are so beautiful - in every way. Their messages go right to the heart.
    Such a sweet watercolour - cool hair :D) Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love your art and your sayings always make me laugh, thanks for that. Keep being you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your map art is impressive and the watercolour portrait beautiful, love them.
    Thanks for smil with funnies.
    Have a happy weekend and upcoming week xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never know which one of the shared photos/statements at the end of your post to respond to--one is better than the next! And of course your art is always a joy to look at--love your map people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your map faces are a new poignant voice for you. They are all wonderful, timely and thought provoking. (I stole another "funny" from your site today...about growing up :) )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post, and I love your faces and journaling. The world is changing fast, and we all need to learn to care about all people, whoever they are, wherever they come from and whatever they believe in. I'll make just one exemption to that - Donald Trump. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant art projects as usual, and I am really loving your map faces Denise! of course, the funnies at the end are always a fun way to end your post. Happy PPF and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your MAP FACES and their messages! I want to share them with the world and spread their message!!!! My daughter teaches at the college level and has been warned that her lessons have become too political and she is making some of her student uncomfortable. SHE IS LIVID!!! It's a hard world we are living in :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. More wonderful map faces! They look amazing! and the funnies are super as always. I love the catnip heaven. I want to live there too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your map faces paintings are wonderful. And I laughed out loud about the cats and the catnip.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you're on to something there with the map faces! I bet if you did make them into a book they'd sell like hotcakes! (I'd be first in line!)♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think those map faces are some of your best and most heartfelt work! They would make an amazing book with so much heart. If any of your art changes one mind the world is better for it!! Although I think it could make the masses think! Love your bravery to live your truth!! Always a fan!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  14. your map faces are great :D the road lines create such interesting shapes in your faces :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. My dear friend,Denise...I have gotten you since the first time I saw your art! keep being who you are- I love this person, soul, artist!
    Love love your map pieces! they are up on my favorite list!
    Have fun with the kiddos and we'll see you when you get back!
    much love,Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your art is very well done. Love the little eyes on the one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE your map faces!! They are SO cool!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello,
    I just really love your map faces. maybe a calendar for next year? I'm in on it! Thanks for you nice comment on my blog. Have a happier week, I hope?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !