Thursday 23 March 2017

Progressing nicely

My roadmap-book is falling apart in some places. Guess it's not really up to the use of glue and paint and water..... Also when I scan the spreads that I've done on two pages, I need to push the spine down really hard in order to get a more or less good scan. Sooo, the result is that a few pages have come loose. I've been thinking about taking it apart altogether, but that's too big a step for now. I'll just paint the loose pages as well, or I use them as collage.

Here's one of the loose pages:


I have mostly been working on my new canvas. I decided to start much sooner with the bringing out of the figures. Some of my paintings have 30 layers or more on there, and I don't want that anymore. So I forced myself to find figures. Which wasn't easy at all. Then I started looking for really small details, like an eye, or a shoulder, or a neckline. And this way I managed to find 3 figures :-)
So happy I'm in the "painting-stage" already and not in the background-stage anymore.

Here's how it was looking when I started looking for figures:



Here are some details:

this one I found through the jawline

 this one through the curve of the neck

and this one through the shoulder and the breast

and of course a lot of imagination  ... ;-)

Linking to Paint Party Friday. I forgot to mention 2 weeks ago that it was their 6th anniversary! I'm so happy to have found this group somewhere in 2012. It's a very active art community and the participants are so encouraging and helpful. And everyone is welcome! So if you feel like joining, please do!

Thanks for your visit and your comments! Each and every one is appreciated :-)
Hope you enjoy the funnies :-)









And some to think about ...




Have a beautiful day and enjoy your weekend! See you next week ♥ ♥ ♥


23 comments:

  1. LOVE the painting so far! Your sense of color is amazing! And as always...thanks for the funnies!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you will figure out how to put the book together. This is a beautiful piece. I also love seeing how you find figures and animals in your layers. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never understood why people like nutella, it doesn't look or smell nice

    great bird on your road map page :D maybe just rebound the pages when you are done?

    and its so net how you see the figures in all that colour :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your road map faces are fascinating...and I never tire of seeing your paintings in progress. I love your technique and the bright happy colors you use.

    As always, thanks for the funnies. I enjoy each and every one of them. Never stop being you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i come to visit for the art...but the funnies are always great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bummer that the map book is falling apart... I"m sure you'll come up with something fantastic to take care of it. Love the painting in progress and can't wait to see more of it. Love the funnies :) Keep smiling and being you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sad to hear about the map book. You have created some spectacular art in it. Always find it fascinating to watch your "process". Thanks for sharing and Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your artwork is stunning. You are extremely talented. Such a pity about your road map book. I find it easier to take photographs of my journal pages. That way I don't have to squash the journal into the scanner. But I'm sure you'll come up with something very creative to use the pages on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The page is impressive and i agree the words on it.
    Your painting technique of finding figures is interesting and amazing. It looks so promising now...
    Thanks for funnies 😁
    Happy PPF and weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. the way you see and find such beautiful images in your art backgrounds is so impressive! Love the road map journal pages-and congrats on being cover girl this week at PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful post and love the new look you are creating with the gorgeous pastel colors ~ delightful ~ and congrats on having your work on cover of PPF ~ thanks,

    Wishing you a delightful weekend ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful work Denthe, congrats on being featured at PPF this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. excellent painting and love the funny quotes

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful art as always :) Congrats on being featured on PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful piece and congratulations on being featured this PPF!!!
    I like your ideas for saving your road map book and before I forget...I love your colorful backgrounds...stunning!!!

    Happy PPF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You ARE one of the reasons I believe in the goodness of people!! Another gorgeous map gal. You could photograph them for your blog if need be. Just make sure to preserve those amazing map girls..they are gold!! Great post as always! Love your incredible authenticity! Congratulations being featured at ppf!! Much deserved!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's great to read your thoughts on how to find faces in your canvas - thank you for sharing those invaluable insights.
    I do love your roadmap lady - and her quotation. I can only imagine all the work you put into them.
    Having a real chuckle at your funnies too :D)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So interesting to see the figures emerge from the paint! I like those cat traps...they work really well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your art is so beautiful - I think what always speaks to me in the first place is your use of color. Just stunning.
    I had to smile about your funnies. All those Trump/Spicer jokes are familiar to me - I don't know what we would do if we hadn't those funnies. Yesterday was the first good day during this administration.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ha Denise,het is zo mooi om te zien,hoe jou kunstwerken ontstaan!
    ook je tekst en uitleg ......heel bijzonder.
    jou kunst blijft in beweging,het blijft boeien.
    groetjes Christiene.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your color, mood, technique, and the way you pour your soul into each painting. Really fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Powerful words at the end of the post Denise!!Thank you!

    So,30 layers??How do you do it? I would get to a layer I really liked something about it and freeze-lol
    So , I started to look at the painting and pick out what you do, the only thing I really saw was where you saw the shoulders and breast, I saw a face! haahaa Hey, at least I found something!
    Thank you for your lovely post, your art makes me happy!
    love & hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !