Thursday 14 December 2017

Having fun

Didn't get the chance to blog last week, but I've been caught up in Fonda Clark Haight's workshop "The Down Deep". So much fun that is, I'm learning a lot.

One of the techniques we learned is making prints with deli paper, and then searching for creatures in there. Well, that of course is one of my favorite pass-times :-)

Here's the first one I did.
Starting from this background:


and ending up with this:


The weird thing is: I saw these figures so clearly when I started, but when I looked a the picture of the background the next day I couldn't find them anymore. It could've been a completely different scene if I had waited a day :-)

Here's another spread I did, which started of with a childhood memory and some collage:


I had no idea what to do with it so I just scribbled and painted and collaged a bit more all over it:


Bit of a mess, but at least I could find some figures now:


way too busy, so I calmed down the background with gesso:


and finished it:


The last one is another deli paper print (that might just become my new favorite technique ...)

Starting from this mess:


finding a few heads:


bringing them out:


cleaning them up ....


and finishing it (kept finding more figures):


My painting is standing neglected on its easel .... And it might stay like that for a while longer :-D.

Well, I'm looking forward to seeing what everybody has been doing on Paint Party Friday. Thanks for your visit! Here are some funnies to end with a smile :-)

 winter has well and truly started here .... yuk!










Some to think about ....






That's it for this week! I'll be back next week for the last time this year. Hope you're having a really nice day! Take care, and enjoy the weekend! ♥ ♥ ♥

17 comments:

  1. Amazing! I just love your art! ♥♥♥♥ (and I look forward to the funnies you share!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful art, I love how you found those figures and faces in the deli paper paintings. Great funnies, too. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the art you pulled out of those messy beginnings. A great group of quote too...I may have to borrow some again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah-Florida-ha-that would be me!! Not liking the cold and snow we now have:( I'm always fascinated by the figures you come up with and how they all transform on your canvases. Beautiful art and visions! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I am so amazed every single time I look at the faces you find! I looked in first and managed to find one or two and then looked at yours and not even close! But when I went back to look again, I could not see what I first saw! I guess this is something i would need to spend time on! ")

    Yup, we are getting the snow, and the Brrrr cold here- it can be spring now thank you!
    Hoping you are well ,my friend! Glad to see you are so into this class, makes me feel good to see you happy!
    Hugs&love,Jackiexx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy PPF and Christmas time ❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your "vision" continues to amaze me. Thanks for sharing your process. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAPPY PPF. I liked the second collage best

    Much😇love

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely art Denthe - you're so imaginative at finding all those people inside the preliminary sketches!
    Thanks for the funnies too :D)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love intuitive art so much and these are truly fabulous! Your heart is in every ounce of your work!! I am loving all the art produced from people all over instagram taking Fondas class! All so beautifully unique to the person creating it!! Great post once again! Funny how we all see different things in the ink blot so to speak!

    Peace Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  11. from messy to lovely :) always amazed you find so many faces/shapes from all the jumbled colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful work in the 'Denthe' style. Thanks for the laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So fun to see how you create out of a wild background!
    thanks for the funnies. A couple of them really got me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Met jou woorden een puinhoop ,heb je er toch iets bijzonder van gemaakt,tijd voor je schilderij misschien in januari,dan zijn  feestdagen voorbij.
    kijk er naar uit Denise of dit je nieuwe techniek gaat worden.
    fijne week
    groetjes Christiene

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your art is so special! Thank you for showing the progress photos! Truly breath taking and amazing! Some of your funnies at the end, touch my soul! Really good! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love to see your creative process. It's so amazing and your artwork is fantastic, Denise. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! You have done a great job!!! Love how your characters unfolded! I sometimes do the same...like to look for those hidden characters! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !