Thursday 30 November 2017

the last month of the year!

Wow, how this month has flown by! Winter has definitely started here, my least favorite season ... We had our first snowflakes today, yuk!

To celebrate the start of a new month I made another wallpaper, with "wintery" colours ;-)


You can download it here if you want to!


I had more time this week to paint. Next week is looking busy again so I had to take advantage of my free time. The negative space painting has the first layer finished, I'll need to go over it again at least one more time I think. It's only now that I realize there's not as much colour as usual on this canvas. This is where I am now:



I also signed up for a workshop, even though I can't really spare the time now. But it's a workshop by Fonda Clark Haight, and I happen to love her work, so I couldn't resist. It's called the Down Deep and very interesting! Here's the progress of a piece where we had to create a background and then search for figures, and use symbols that have meaning for us.

It started out like this:

my favorite colours, but it turned into a big mess ...

 saw two faces in there so I brought them out

 thought the big red blob in the middle looked a lot like a broken heart

 trying to quieten down the background

 hmmmm .... :-\

 decided to turn the hand into the symbol for healing, and added the Kanji sign for peace. At least: I hope I didn't distort it too much, so that it still stands for peace ...

 adding more colour because that was waaayy too grayish for me ... And some collage

finished!

It was fun working intuitively again. There are so many lessons I still want to make, hope I find some time this weekend.

I added more items to my Society6-shop, but still didn't get all of my mapfaces in there. I'm still working on it though, I'll get there!

That's it for now! Except for the weekly dose of funnies of course :-)












isn't this sweet .... ♥

and the ones to think about:





Linking as always to Paint Party Friday.

Thanks for your visit! Wishing you a lovely day, and a nice and relaxing weekend! See you next week ♥ ♥ ♥

14 comments:

  1. Great painting! (I can't seem to get the hang of negative space painting....I blame it on being left-handed....my brain just can't wrap itself around the concept...that's my story and I'm sticking to it!) And as always...your funnies are the best! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. love seeing the workshop piece evolve :D and it turned out wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderfully thoughtful calendar for December, thank you for the download opportunity :D)
    Great start to your canvas.
    Goodness me... clicking through each progression of your painting is amazing!
    Love the funnies too. Have a very happy weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful art and funnies! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your pieces are wonderful. I enjoying seeing the things you see in the shapes and how you bring them to life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the peace piece, Denise! Yes, it does look more vibrant with the added color. And the one you said is WIP looks finished to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such amazing work and I like how you explain some of the thought process behind it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Denise, once you got into that first layer, you really can see the color underneath, and surprise, you have a much more muted palette than usual!I just love the figure on the branch swinging her legs!

    For your second painting, I amazed at how you could go back and add more color- that is incredible!!and I just adore what your painting became, with the broken heart and the healing symbols and peace! Absolutely fabulous work my friend!
    Happy December!My your snow be little and your days merry & bright! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your artwork is always a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I love the negative space painting.. it seems two dimensional.. as thought it's behind a mirror.. I love how no matter what process you use your unique style is always so evident. I always enjoy ALL your funnies..
    Hope you get to enjoy the season even though it's not your favorite!!

    Peace Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  11. It always amazing to me how you have trained your eyes to "see" things in the "mess" of the background. It turned out beautifully as usual! I always enjoy your funny quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Luv all your art thanks for sharing

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Truly love your art piece! Thanks for sharing the different stages! Amazing to see!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Leuk Denise,dat je werk laat zien van het begin tot het eind........
    leuk al schilderend naar iets wat je zelf van te voren misschien niet had bedacht
    ziet er heel bijzonder uit een gebroken hart en het teken van vrede.
    Wens je veel succes met je komende  schilderwerken.

    lieve groet
    Christiene.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !