Friday 15 September 2017

another watercolour girl

I'm late for Paint Party Friday this week. Work commitments and study commitments are wriggling their way into my life. But I love it, despite the busyness :-)

I painted another watercolour girl. I have so many of these drawings in my journal but it's hard to find the time to paint them. I love doing it though.


And here are three more weeks of diary-pages. From now on I hope to keep up with it every week.




I rediscovered my Dylusion sprays. I love the bright strong colours, but I hate the fact that they stay water soluble. So I hardly ever use them. But they are perfect to use in combination with watercolours.

I changed my writing too. My messy non-dominant handwriting was really starting to annoy me, so I tried something I used to do as a kid: writing while holding a ruler underneath it. At least it looks a bit less messy, plus it's a fun way to write.

I now really need to start my yearly calendar, but since I painted so little this year it's going to be hard to find enough images. I will have to use images from older work again. Plus I might make a calendar of my roadmap-faces. Hope to show a few pages next week already :-)

Well, that's it for this week. Except for the funnies of course ;-)










and the more serious ones ....






Thanks for your visit! Hope all is well with you! Wishing you a beautiful day, and something to look forward to in the weekend! See you next week ♥ ♥ ♥


22 comments:

  1. Wonderful art as always. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your journals are amazing. At least it keeps your artistic juices flowing even when there isn't time to actually paint. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the hair on your maidens, it's incredible! I enjoyed the funnies and more serious as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely watercolour girl and beautiful detailed pages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the style of your girls! And the journals are such a treat to see-lots of wonderful faces and bright colors. The funnies keep me smiling:) Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your 'breathe' girl! And thanks for the funnies....I REALLY need them right now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your art is always wonderful and it's good to know that someone else used a ruler to write with when they were younger ( I don't do it now, but would if I made the kind of art you make :). And ... your funnies are the best!!! I am laughing out loud and my husband is dying to know what is so funny ... I will show him because he too will LOL :) Thank you, Denthe ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new watercolor girl just might be my new fav. :) Although it's hard to find humor in anything Trump related these days, I did crack up at the cat funnies. Thanks for the laughs. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahhh my friend, it's always a pleasure visiting you and your blog. I think a calendar done with map faces would be awesome! Great idea and I'm so glad you're loving your new work. Everyting you paint looks so great, even with so little time you're still fitting it all in. Good Girl! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm all for the map faces calendar too... wonderful idea... posters, post cards, greeting cards....a whole line of wonderful treasures. The world needs more Denthe!! Great journal pages and watercolour girl! Always one of my favourite places to visit!

    Peace Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your girl is beautiful, Denise! Her hair style looks amazing. It's certainly not a bad hair day for her! :) Your journal pages are wonderful too and I enjoyed your picks of the week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your art journal spread are full of great art and words. I like the new text type. Thank you for the funnies. My favorite is the woman who does not get anything done...;))
    Have wonderful weekend and upcoming week xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. great, i love your art, much diversity in it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Een ander aquarel meisje maar wel heel bijzonder!!
    je agenda meisjes mogen gezien worden,leuke kopjes.
    Wens je een mooie zondag!
    lieve groetjes
    Christiene.

    ReplyDelete
  15. the waterolour girls goes perfectly with that quote :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohh I love her. Actually I love her neck. That is so cool. When I try that it just look wrong. LOL Glad you are busy and have so much going on.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello

    your top gal has wonderful hair. Always fun to have a glimpse into your sketchbook.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello sweet Denise!
    I could just sit here and look at your faces all day long! These are the best! I mean seriously the most beautiful faces out there and I think a map face calendar would be cool!
    So glad to hear that even with all of the busyness you are loving what you are doing- this makes me happy!
    sending love & hugs,Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your art so much! Thank you for sharing it!! And, thanks for the funnies! LOL! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun post! I enjoy every single bit i see and read...love the giggle it gave me, haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !