Thursday 23 July 2020

Some collage and other stuff ...

Hey there, how are you doing? It's been a while since I was here, time is still flying by, despite the strange times we're living in, or maybe even because of it.

Lately I have been posting on Instagram more regularly, and decided to come back to this blog every now and then and share what I've been up to. The last weeks I've mostly been doing collage. It's fun, I love looking for images and fitting them together and then looking for the perfect lyrics or quotes or poems to go with them. Here are some spreads:


This is the first one I did. I put some progress-pics on my Instagram, as well as the original picture I started out with. If you want to have a look, here's the link. Just click on the little arrows to go to the next pictures.

 link



 link


While I've been busy with these, just when I started thinking about trying again to make art a bigger part in my life, I stumbled upon some free workshops from Michelle Lloyd from United Artspace. And man, that was an eye-opener for me. The things she said resonated deeply with me, and I signed up for a year-long membership in her "Hub". She only admits new members twice a year, so I was very happy to have found her just at the right time. I'm really looking forward to all I can learn there, and one of the first things I will do is clean up my website or maybe even make a brand new one! More to come on this :-)

I also suddenly realized we're almost at the end of July! And I really want to get my calendars ready sooner than last year. So I already started prepping some papers and thinking about what I want to do. I have been making calendars with my art for the past 10 years or so, and I always had enough material and paintings to choose from. But since I haven't painted any large paintings anymore in the last year, I don't have any material. So last year I used doodles and paintings on paper that I made specifically for the calendar.  


There was not a clear favorite last year, both calendars were equally popular. So here's a question for you: do you prefer a certain style? Doodles, or paintings, or drawings, or mapfaces or .... I'd really like to know, because I'm not sure I'll be able to make 2 different ones this year. I've also been thinking about maybe making a calendar with all different things, like one month a doodle and the other month a mapface etc ... So I would really appreciate your input here ;-) Thanks!

Well, that's it for now! Linking this to Paint Party Friday, and ending, as always, with some funnies and thinkies. Enjoy!


  guess the same can be said for August ....



 this is from Asaf Hanuka











See you next time - thanks for visiting! ♥ ♥ ♥

16 comments:

  1. OOOOOhhhhh I am so happy to see you D. Yes it has been awhile. I don't get Instagram so I can't see you there. Your art is just beautiful. That first one really did take my breath. Glad you were able to get into the art program with ArtSpace. You have a wonderful evening. Hugs N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them! Especially the first one and the one with "your own voice". Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you around again. Wonderful collage, and as always, great funnies. Happy PPF, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice that you're blogging again! It's been a long time. Your double pages are so beautifully designed! I love her and your funnies as well.
    Happy PPF, Elke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifful art and great laughs! I like your paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your calendar paintings I meant

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely collages. I haven't even thought about calenders yet but I like the idea of a different theme or idea for each month, like something new each month in a way.

    Thanks for the laughs. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am also at Instagram gi.8487
    Good to see your beautiful art today. Happy PPF

    MUCH👩‍🎨LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving all your collage art pages Denise- and seeing them from the beginning on IG as well!! Exciting st begin some new arty adventures too with your classes.
    As for your calendar i like the idea of a mix.
    Thanks for the funnies, and happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely, it was interesting seeing the progress pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recall doing a collage in grade school. But this time around I did one for today PPF and for my Brooklyn Sketch Project...PPF

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't tell you how great it was to visit today! I LOVE your quotes and the story of the 87 year old... I liked your post so much I'm putting you in my "I like Thursday" post next week with a link... LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so glad you were showcased this week over @ Paint Party Friday as I would never have been given the chance to come visit and discover all this loveliness. Fabulous artwork and I love the idea of the calender's what a fantastic idea to share your work.
    Wishing you the happiest of days & PPF Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  14. My Sister sent me your link and I soo Love your art and words 🤗 they were just what I needed today. Thank You ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is so sweet, thank you! You didn't mention your name so I can't visit your blog, but I really appreciate your comment. Hugs ♥

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !