Thursday 18 October 2018

Still going strong!

Yep, I'm surprising myself, I'm still doing Inktober!


I've told myself a few times already to stop it and get on with the stuff for my market and my group-exhibition in December.


But I can't. I'm a bit addicted to drawing these women, giving them all their own character and searching for quotes that fit them perfectly.


I just enjoy it :-) So  I keep going ....


Although I must admit I started panicking a bit when my daughter mentioned she only has one more week of school before the autumn-break ...


November is going to be a very very busy month with family-business, so I won't have much time to do anything art-wise.


I'm not even sure I will be able to blog ...


So yesterday I sat down at my art-table, whipped out my roadbook, put on my headphones and made 7 map-paintings! Seven! They're not all finished yet, but boy did it feel good to make such progress :-) Here's the first one completely finished:


I'm not sure how my doodle-calendar will proceed. I have all the drawings in pencil, I just need to put them in marker, which isn't a lot of work, but I also need to add all of those small details. Not sure whether I'll find the time and/or the patience for that. We'll see. My map-calendar will be finished though!

That's it for this week! I'll be linking to Paint Party Friday tomorrow. Only one thing left to do now: post some funnies and thinkies :-)
















Thanks so much for your visit and your uplifting comments! Have a wonderful day, take care and I'll be back next week ♥ ♥ ♥

16 comments:

  1. 7 in one day is impressive :D nice to see you still doing inktober :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denthe, lovely to catch up with you again.
    Wow, I'm impressed at you doing 7 paintings... that's amazing. Love the completed one.
    Your women are each beautiful and strong in their own way. I love how you've created them.
    Happy PPF to you :D) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful art. I LOVE our Inktober quote women, what a fantastic series you have created. Great funnies and thinkies, too. Happy PPF, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Inktober women are marvelous with very wide words. My favorite is John Green's, it's so true.
    Map painting is fabulous as well.
    Happy PPF and weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you are on a roll, lovely pieces this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your quote women! Keep 'em coming! And YAY for doing SEVEN map painting! Good for you! I know that feeling of accomplishment (haven't had it lately but I remember it! LOL) And as always I enjoyed your thinkies and funnies! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh you are so prolific with all your fantastic art projects!! I don't know how you get your lettering in so perfectly in each of your drawings-so impressive. Love that map art as well. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your voice is being heard. Happy Painting
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good work on keeping going with inktober challenge. I love these ladies with the text additions. I love that cartoon of the cat interview! So true.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wowie! I like ALL your quotations and art! ALl of it! Thanks for that. The environment... should go on my blog front and center. And that one about leaving the fight feeling guilty for speaking up?? been there done that too many times. Oy. The human condition... the junk drawer!lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's been a while since I've seen your wonderful art and I see that your artwork is as great as ever. Thanks for the kind remarks on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Girl you are on an art roll. These are fabulous. I love seeing all the little nuances in each one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you didn't stop! Your faces are amazing! WOW!!!! If you can't blog in November, we understand! We will be here for you, when you get back! Thank you for your art! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW Sister! Your faces are fabulous and their quotes fit each of them perfectly!You are so on a roll Denise, if it feels good and right, don't stop- just go for it!

    I totally loved the Kayne one and the apologizing thinkie hits home.
    Enjoy your family and return when you can, we will all be here- we love you and your art too much to not wait for you to come back!
    huge hugs,Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !