Thursday 21 June 2018

getting on my soapbox

The last few days I have been reading about the situation with the immigrant kids in the States, and I could barely believe what I was reading. I am beyond disgusted, shocked, sickened and saddened by it. How on earth is it possible that a country that calls itself civilized has stooped to such a low level. And how the hell is it possible there isn't a worldwide outcry against this. Why is the EU so quiet on this? Where is the rage about the treatment of these people? I feel so helpless and so so sad when I think of what these people must be going through. Fleeing violence and poverty, trying to give their kids a better life, thinking they will arrive in a decent country with decent laws where they will get a decent chance. And instead their children get taken away from them. What fucking right do these Americans have to just rip kids from their loving families? It is disgusting and downright unbelievable. Oh man, I get sick just thinking about it.


I know this is an art blog, so I won't keep going on about this. But my art this week is all about this horrible situation, and so are most of the "funnies"  and thinkies this week. I always express my feelings in my art, painting and drawing is for me a way to get a grip on my feelings and let them out in the open. And I cannot and will not be silent about things that matter to me and that I reckon should matter to other people as well. I also know there are many good and decent Americans, and I am happy that the people I know and am friends with are just as horrified about this as I am.

Last year after shit's inauguration (sorry, don't want to see his name on my blog), I started my series of map faces. I haven't done many this year, but now I feel the need to pull them out again and make new ones. It's strange, it's as if these maps are my way of dealing with this administration. So here's a new one:


That's it for this week. Linking to Paint Party Friday, as always. So happy that group still exists :-) Thanks Eva and Kristin!

Only some funnies and thinkies left. Because, now more than ever, one needs a smile. Here goes ....

















Thanks for being here. Wishing you a peaceful friday and a weekend full of love.
I'll be back next week ♥ ♥ ♥


21 comments:

  1. I never knew how low we could sink....and I'm ashamed of my country/politicians. T_T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its beyond horrible what is happening :( it shouldn't have happened and its even worse when the orange nacho blames what is happening on previous governments :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super art and heard about what was happening in the US on the news...just cruel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What has been happening in the States is horrific, it was really an act against humanity. The act has now been repealed, and I hope they will be able to bring the families together again. Your art is great, and it is good that you bring things like this to the light of day. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so wrong what happens in US.
    Your map art is wonderful.
    Happy PPF 🎨😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are many of us in the States that are throughly disgusted, appalled, shocked outraged--there are not enough words--we see what our country is becoming-we call our representatives, we organize marches-we are screaming--one political party that is in power continues to protect a man who is hell bent on destroying our country and everything it stands for all in the name of greed! I can only hope that our elections held in November will not be compromised and that we can remove some of the idiots from our Congress. Your painting is beautiful and the words also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not interested in your political views. This is an art blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe she's not interested in your view of her views. It's HER blog. She can post whatever she likes here. You have no right to try to hush her. If you don't like what she writes, you don't have to read it.

      Delete
    2. thanks for standing up for me Katie Jeanne, I appreciate it! As for Latane: you have some nerve telling me what I can and cannot write about on MY blog. I don't always agree with what I read on other people's blogs, but never in a million years would I have the arrogance to tell them they cannot write about it. I look (or don't look) at the art and move on. And for your information: this isn't about politics. This is pure and simple about humanity and compassion. I don't care what political party you belong to, anyone who is not horrified about what is happening to those poor children and parents has no heart, and to be honest: I don't even want them near my blog.

      Delete
  8. Lovely work, I would say thanks for the laughs but the Donald is no joke he is awful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I understand how you feel Denise. Love your map art and quote! And yes, we all need the funnies- so thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Millions of Americans feel sad, horrified, and disgusted over what has happened. We don't stand by what he's doing..never had, never will, and for him to blame it on the Democrats is such BS. It's such a sad situation, and I think a lot of us want to help..we just don't know how. xo <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your second piece, because the quote is so appropriate to what's going on in society these days. May God have mercy on us. Happy PPF and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. From someone living In Australia.......WTF......We have been down that road many years ago when the govt forcefully removed our First Nation children from the arms of their loved ones, it don't work firstly and secondly I really had thought we had matured since then...........PS according to the news we hear ,they are now worried that they can't re unite all the families .......

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Rage art. Have a blessed weekend

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Denise, you know how I feel ...I am ashamed and so disheartened by what the idiot in charge is doing,has done and will do. I am just equally and completely baffled at why these other idiots who follow and support him, do not wake up!Talk about drinking the kool-aid!!
    I so wish I could paint like you and release my emotions in this way- this is healing to me to see your artworks and read the words, and know that there are others in far away places that feel the same.
    Denise, keep doing what you do - someone has to speak up, and you do it so eloquently!Thank you,dear friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's all so sad and I agree with everything you have said!
    Sorry you had someone write and say "I'm not interested in your political views, this is an art blog!" This is your blog and you can write whatever you like!!
    I love your faces! They are very powerful!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. First of all we have the right to our opinions. When that goes, freedom goes.
    As an American, I want to remind the world the majority of Americans voted for Hillary. Because of our electoral college the popular vote doesn't always carry the election, which seems bizarre.
    That said, each American also has their opinion, and as long as we all across the world do not lump everyone together under labels, we'll all feel free to voice them.

    Right now, many MANY of us have been expressing our disagreement with the administration's policies and actions. Many many are unsure just how this happened in the first place but it did. We speak up, we campaign to make changes legally, we maintain our dignity while being saddened by what we hear daily. Some of us can barely stay positive in the face of it. We are Americans too.

    Personally I like your mix of opinion, quotes and art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I know so many of Americans are getting desperate and disheartened by what's going on, and are speaking out against this. I hope that because of the power of the internet and the fact that people can bring out in the open what's happening, we will never ever get a repeat of the 1930s. But we should all be very aware .... I read an excellent article about this (https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jun/22/trump-world-1930s-children-parents-europe-migrants?CMP=share_btn_fb), wherein it says:
      It doesn’t happen overnight. It happens bit by bit, word by word, each step taking us lower into the pit. It’s why every one of us has to fight today’s horror. Because if we don’t, who knows what terrors lie ahead?

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !