Thursday 10 May 2018

Almost there!

I had a bit of time to work on my painting and it's getting near the end! Although it might still take a few weeks, I know from experience that those final touches and details always take longer than expected. Here you can see how it looks so far:


And I played a bit in my journal yesterday! Every time I do that I ask myself why I don't do it more often, because it's just so much fun. But I have this weird habit that whenever I haven't done something in a while, I hesitate to do it again because I have the feeling I don't know how to anymore. I especially have that when painting faces. I keep delaying it because it seems like so much effort and there's always too little time. But last night I just wanted to do something and I started putting random lines on a page and then saw some figures in there, I grabbed my Inktense pencils and my Stabilo and before I knew it the page was finished. It's not that much effort, it doesn't take that much time. If only I could remind myself of that every time I hesitate again.

Here's the journal page:


I'll be linking this to Paint Party Friday tomorrow. Looking forward to the creations this week!
Here are my weekly funnies and thinkies:













Thanks so much for your visit! I hope you're having a wonderful day, and I wish you a splendid weekend full of things and people you love. I'll be back next week ♥ ♥ ♥

21 comments:

  1. ♥♥♥♥ Your painting ♥♥♥♥.....'So much to do, so little desire to do it'.....fits me perfectly, thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh this is my favorite I think. Love and action and movement. Also glad to see your journal art too. I will be gone for a few weeks. See my blog about it. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new painting is wonderful. Love the journal page, too. Great funnies as always. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, your painting is brilliant... so much to look at.
    Just reading your thoughts, yes, I can empathise fully.
    Thanks for the laughs too. Really enjoyed your post. Happy PPF! :D)

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing painting Denise!! The imagery and colors are brilliant! Wonderful journal page too. Your faces and sentiments are always thought provoking. Thanks for the funnies, and happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denise! your painting is Spectacular!!! Omgoodness ! If i could paint like you- ohhhhh!
    I love all of the characters you have brought out- how exciting to see them all!
    And your journal page, just super! love the quote as well as the faces!
    hope spring has found your world my friend
    Jackie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Am loving the new painting with its wonderful color and imagery. The journal page is a powerful statement. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love you beautiful and colorful art and journal page!!!
    Thank you for the laughs...especially the old woman with the hairy dog :D
    Happy PPF!!!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel the same hesitation when it comes to making a busy complicated painting..which you seem to do with ease, and I'm not sure how you do it. I swear, I'm going to try it some day..just not sure when I'll get the courage up.

    The fourth ape is definitely my husband. lol He never hears a word I say, which I use to my advantage alllll the time. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Colorful and such a beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE your painting with its bright bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Luv the art. The collage is fabulous
    HAPPY PPF

    Much💖 love🌸

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your painting, so busy and bright, my kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely work! Thanks for the laughs, especially that winter body one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. so many things to discover in that colourful painting! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your painting is amazing! Wow! So much detail! I am truly loving it! Love your journal page too! I love the "mud" one! Big Hugs and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning artwork. So much going on. Cant wait to see the finished piece, but it looks good to me as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Zo mooi jou werk in wording,Denise nog even,ik ben heel benieuwd
    er valt nu al veel in te zien,en de kleuren zijn als altijd even mooi!!
    lieve groet
    Christiene

    ReplyDelete
  19. The painting looks wonderful. The journal page communicates a feeling and a question that we often find ourselves in...hoping to find a way out. or a way forward.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful painting! Great mixed of colors. Mel-https://decorcraftdesign.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love all the details in your paintings, there's so much to look at. Fabulous. And your journal page is gorgeous. Yes, that is something I need to remind myself again and again too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !