Thursday 10 November 2016

Calendars 2017

I received my samples of the 2 calendars and I'm very happy with how they came out. Here are some pictures:

 Sorry, the lightning is not so good on this one. The top one is the English one, the one underneath is the calendar with the Dutch quotes.





And for my blogreaders: from now until Sunday the 13th of November, you get 15% off!! So hurry if you want one, after Sunday it'll be the normal price again. Here is the link where you can get them. If you go there and you click below the picture of the frontpage you can see a preview of all the pages. This is the link for the calendar with the English quotes, and this is the link for the calendar with the Dutch quotes (same pictures, just the quotes are in another language).

I have been painting some more rocks too:





I was wondering at first whether to write a blogpost this week. I'm still reeling from the results of the presidential elections in the US. When I woke up Wednesday morning and saw that Trump was winning I just could not believe it. And I felt an overwhelming sadness. I could've cried my eyes out. It is a victory of hate, of racism, of sexism, of selfishness, of ignorance. I couldn't watch television because seeing him makes me physically sick. He is so much like Hitler that it scares me to death. I have this tight knot in my stomach when I think of the future. I feel so sorry for my kids that a leader of one of the mightiest countries in the world says climate change is a hoax. What kind of world will they live in? How much longer will this world exist? Poor kids. Poor earth.... I feel so sorry too for the Americans that don't want him as their president. I have been following some of my Facebook-friends in their battle to get as many votes for Hillary as possible. How betrayed they must feel.

Tomorrow Nov 11th we celebrate the end of the first World War here in Belgium. I just hope with this election Americans didn't plant the seeds for the third world war ....

No funnies today, it'll take a while before I can laugh again. Hope all of you are well. Thanks for being here ♥ ♥ ♥





And a oneliner that I made years ago but is very much a reality today....




21 comments:

  1. Trump voter here... I think he will surprise everyone... He has a rude awakening coming once he actually hits the oval office... We are not talking a career politician here... give him a chance... how many presidents actually accomplish what the set out to do.. But look hey i'm not here to argue... But i'm not as upset as so many others seem to be... The press is awful... dragging this out and making things seem worse than they are... There will be a happy compromise between him and Congress and there for something we can live with... Hillary would have just been more of the same and that was not acceptable... deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel just the same as you do...I cannot believe we elected that man as president. I am sick, disappointed, and completely baffled by the outcome.

    I just ordered one of your calendars. At least that will brighten my days in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Calendars and painted rocks are fabulous! Powerful post! You have a beautiful heart! Sending love and light!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh darn! I wish I hadn't already gotten a calendar for next year!!!! I too am feeling depressed and overwhelmed and shocked regarding the election. Your George Carlin quote says it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your 2017 calendar. I ordered mines and looking forward to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've ordered my calendar and so looking forward to it's arrival ♥ My heart aches for my homeland. I knew in my gut that he would win but my heart held tight to the belief that more of my countrymen would see the light. I don't think Clinton would have made a good president by any means but would have been a more tolerable choice. Now it is up to us to stay on top of what is happening in our world do what we can make sure he won't get out of control. Violent protests are not the answer we have to strive for peace more than ever now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! I love the last one, so true. We are all in shock over the election results, I have the feeling that the world is going backwards. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your calendars are beautiful but I love those painted rocks so much. Every election, and especially the 2008 one, has its winners and those who grieve. When one side gets too far to the left or to the right, the tide turns and swings back. It has happened every time for the 60 years that I have been voting. Carol is correct when she says violence is not the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, there are many people-around the world-stunned by the results. But that said, people also wanted change and that is what we're going to get. We can all pray the changes will be for the good of all the people.
    Your calendar looks fabulous and I hope to order one over the weekend:)
    Gorgeous rocks too. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your calendars are special. Love them. And the rocks came out beautiful too. Happy PPF! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree your words about what happened in the election in USA. We here far away in the other corner of the world are very worried and sorry.
    Yor new calendar pages look great and rocks are beautiful.
    Happy PPF ❤

    ReplyDelete
  13. I kind of have a stomach ache and a sad feeling. But I hope that with all the red tape and checks and balances nothing too horrible will be done. I will stick to art. Your calendars are wonderful. I will get the English one again .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Denise,
    I thank you so very much for all of your support. I have been in a state of horrified shock and disbelief and feel so depressed. My only reprieve for my soul is art and the binds to my soul from my art world friends all over this great earth. All we can do now is hope and pray,after i stop weeping that is...
    Sending hugs and love xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your calendar gave me a big smile. I know you have worked very hard on it. It looks terrific!
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  16. Denise your beautiful art for the calendars will bring so much joy each month. I love the painted rocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have just ordered the 2017 Calendar and cannot wait to receive it. I also love the rocks and always want to know more about doing that kind of painting.

    EAGHL/Granny Annie
    http://trigra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Je kalender is bijzonder mooi!! Denise
    ook de stenen,blijft prachtig om te zien..
    Het hondje met poesje is weer zo lief!!
    Droog je tranen schilderen geeft zo veel plezier.
    lieve groet
    xxx
    Christiene.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The calendar is fabulous. Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  20. Running late this week..here it is almost Friday again. I really like your new calendar, and the painted rocks. :)

    I kinda think it's weird that you have such close coverage of our election. We rarely, if ever, hear about elections outside the US. Also, I think there are far scarier people out there than Trump (he's wishy washy if you ask me)..like his running mate for one. :/

    ReplyDelete
  21. We here in Canada were totally shocked and not thrilled about the U.S. election results. The calendar is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !