Thursday 29 September 2016

journalpage and start of a new painting

No, my large painting isn't finished yet, but I only worked on details and finished the sides, so you wouldn't probably see any difference with last week. These next few days I want to finish it, so next week I'll show you all the pics from start to finish.

For this week I have another journalpage. I got so inspired by pictures I found on the internet that I decided to play in my journal again. Using only pens, since this was a page from the journal I made with gelli-printed pages, so there was colour in the background already. I had fun using a longer poem this time, but it took quite a while before I had it all written down ;-)


I also started a new canvas already, even though the other one isn't finished yet. This is a smaller one, and it's one with painting the negative space again. These kind of paintings are very easy to do in between other things. Even if I only have 10 minutes, I can still paint. Perfect for now, since my lack of time is still very much present ...


Until now I made these with white paint in between, but now I want to try it with darker paint. Looking forward to how it'll develop. I love making these!

Here are my funnies for this week:






:-D

Okay, that's it for now! Linking to Paint Party Friday again, and looking forward to see what everyone's been creating. Thanks so much for your visit, it's highly appreciated :-)

Wishing you a wonderful day ♥ ♥ ♥

25 comments:

  1. oooh oooh oooh I love this journal page. I am looking forward to seeing the big canvas. The negative space is very eye catching so far.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all the colour on the journal page, the simple black lines make a nice contrast :) and the new painting is looking good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the darker paint in the negative space on this one. Looking forward to the finished piece. ♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super looking art. Your funny photos made me chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic journal page and painting. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever way to use images for your great journal page.
    Your canvas looks promising...
    Thanks for a smile: I'm so sorry for the poor cat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. An amazing journal page - so special and the painting in progress looks promising!
    Happy PPF denthe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your journal page is just AMAZING! BTW, that political cartoon is hilarious. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your new inspired pen faces... and I too love painting negative spaces best. I think that's why I like digital work so much too!! Nice new canvas and great cartoons!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice funnies this week. :) And loving the stacked heads. That is great. I sometimes wish I had a second head to help out my own when it isn't so together. :) Happy PPF and have a great weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your journal page, and beautiful lettering too! And I really like the negative space painting with the darker colour, it's coming along very nicely. Looking forward to seeing your finished big canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely journal page! I am intrigued by your negative painting technique.. Do you do the drawing separately and then outline on your coloured background..then start in with the negative areas?? Maybe you have already posted this info?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I first make the background, and then I draw onto the background with chalk (otherwise it's very hard to see). When it's to my liking, I outline it with an acrylic marker in the colour that I want to use for the negative space. And then I just start painting the negative space :-)

      Delete
  13. I love the negative painting with the dark blue! Very striking piece and always your lettering is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice blog! Just "found" you!! That journal page is truly awesome. Can't wait to see the painting when it's finished. Don't you just love how painting in the "negative" plugs into a different part of your brain?

    ReplyDelete
  15. it does look like that poem would take a while to write, it looks great.
    And your new painting, how fun that you are using a darker color, shaking things up. Love the details in it and then funnies. Lovely weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your pages!! The details speak a lot :0

    http://beneathmyheartart.blogspot.in/2016/09/curiosity-leads-to-passion.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always enjoy watching your paintings evolve! Looks beautiful so far

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful journal page and painting

    ReplyDelete
  19. Journal page is fantastic and the memes you posted are hilarious. Thanks for the smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the journal page, especially the black and white down the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mooi dat al is het vijf minuten,dat je wil schilderen
    je wil vooruit dat is een ding wat zeker is.
    Denise een mooie combie schilderwerk-gedicht
    een mooie meerwaarde.
    lieve groet
    Christiene.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Youar journal page is terrific!! So much to see! I love your negative space paintings! It will be fun to see how this looks using the darker paint.

    ReplyDelete
  23. hahaaaaaa! I laughed at the urinal funny, but almost spewed my coffee at the Trump one! haahaaaaaaa Great job finding that one!!

    So happy to hear you have found some time to create0 even journaling- life has become much too fast,hasn't it? Anyway, love your drawings and look forward to more of your art ehn you can! hugs and love,Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !