Friday 1 November 2013

Art Every Day Month Day 1

Well, November is here already and I'll have to accept it. No use in getting all stressed out because time is flying so fast. I'm gonna take each day as it comes, and try to be all zen about it ... Who knows, it might work .... ;-)

I'm off to a good start with AEDM. I finished my mosiac! Just need to get a hanging system in place and it's ready to go to the gallery.

Here are some details:



I've been making and painting the base for 3 more!

Last Friday I delivered the commission-painting to the lady that ordered it. I was very nervous, because, no matter how you try, you cannot get into someone's head to see the picture they have in there of what they want. It's always a guess, and I'd hate to let them pay for something they don't really want. But she loved it. It was a painting for her daughter, who lost her best friend unexpectedley half a year ago. It struck a chord with me, because I lost my sister so unexpectedly also half a year ago. It was a pleasure making the painting, despite the nerves. Here it is:


And lastly, last week I mentioned I didn't make any art at all during my family-visit to Belgium. But this week I was looking through my photographs and I realized I DID make something.

My eldest sister organized a big family-reunion while we were there, and I wanted to bring her a present. So I bought a nice plant and went in search of a pretty pot to put it in. A few hours before the party, so not much time. And all I could find was a black (!) pot ... Not my favorite colour at all!

But I had brought some paint markers with me (for all the art I was going to make ... ☺) so a light bulb went off in my head and I decided to make a doodle-pot out of it :-)

Let's just say that after a few hours I could hardly use my hand, but I finished the pot! Didn't get any good photos of it, this is the best one I have:


She loved it. Thought I had bought the pot like this ... Despite the hurry I enjoyed doing it and might make some for myself in the future. Or for others..... It really does make a unique gift.

Well, that's it for today. I'm linking this as always to Paint Party Friday, and also to Art Every Day Month. Can't believe I'll have to write on my blog again tomorrow .... Better start preparing some things then .... ;-)

Thank you so much for your visit and your lovely comments. So good to be back in the blogging world! Hope you'll enjoy your day, and will have a bright and joyful weekend! ♥ ♥ ♥


33 comments:

  1. Love your wonderful mosaic with this bright "Denthe Colors"!
    Hugs
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mosaic is fabulous, and the pot even more so! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Denthe, I have not visited your blog for a while and it was so nice to open your page and see so much of beautiful and inspiring creativity filled with so much heart and I love your colours and compositions they just seem to flow beautifully. Thank you for sharing and big, big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prachtig gedaan; alle drie fantastisch!! Wat een mooie mozaiek en een schitterend schilderij!! En je bloempot is een juweeltje. Alle drie zo verschillend maar echt unieke "Denthe" creaties.
    Well done!!
    xxx Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your frame! And the art that was commissioned. Very beautiful indeed. And the pot is just gorgeous. What a great idea you had. Thanks too for the link to AEDM. I might give that a whirl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy Day 1 :)
    i always love your work. it's going to be a good month!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work. I love the doodle pot idea. I'm always getting my inspiration at the last minute, too. I love the way it turned out. Something about the white on black is especially striking and classic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love coming to visit here - your work is so beautiful and you are such a versatile artist. That painting is just lovely - I know it will be cherished. I think that flower pot is fantastic - I can imagine how your hand felt after that. Time is always flying by - I guess we all need to relax and fly with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pot and frame are both fantastic! I love them, oh and your beautiful touching picture is so full of feeling, the words are beautiful! I love coming here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Denthe. Love the pot. You did wonders with it. I'm sure she loved it. The painting is just beautiful with just the right words. Very touching. Awesome work as always. Thanks.
    gloria

    ReplyDelete
  11. such beautiful arts!
    the frames details are amazing!
    the commission, well i can see why she loved it, so moving.
    and your pot, that is an awesome piece!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful projects Denthe. Your mosaic is gorgeous and your painting is so touching and beautiful.Love your tribal looking pot too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That mosaic frame is fantabulous. And I love the pot your got too. It is Aboriginal looking. Happy PPF.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Every time I see something new you have created, I am amazed at the extent of your skill and artistry, and feel there is probably no artistic venture you have not mastered. Everything here is so wonderful, as always. I love the mosaic, and the commission painting which included one of my favourite poems, which always links in my mind with Christina Rosetti's poem on the same subject.
    And what an inspired idea for the black pot, which brings it to life. So glad you are back, and hope that life gets easier.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely, creative pieces! wonderful mosaics and a very touching painting! <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a creative person you are....love your painting for the commission, your frame and the pot...all excellent :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful work. Have a fun PPF. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your mosiac and the pot, especially the pot! The painting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow impressive Denise...Love the mosaic, the pot and the commission! You can probably sell those pots you make! Wonderful diverse artwork...as always I love it!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your painting and the quote fit the painting perfectly, I bet she loved it, who wouldn't, and the pot was great, and of course it looked beautiful, what a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  21. Denise - your art is amazing - how beautiful, haunting and personal that painting is!!
    LOVE that pot - well worth the cramped hand!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your doodle pot so much - such an innovative idea! I bet your client was absolutely thrilled with your painting. It is gorgeous + such a beautiful quote too x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amazing art again!!! Love the pot and that painting is very moving... love the mosaic too ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, so amazing. I loved seeing the mosaic and of course everything else. Your site is always so amazing. Love it,

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Denise, so gorgeous your commissioned painting and the black pot turned out to be sooooo unique and very nice - i really love it. Oh yes, and the mosaic is outstanding! love your work so much thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow!so much creativity here! What is the mosaic frame made of?it looks beautiful. Your commission is gorgeous and no wonder the lady loved it. As for that plant pot-it's outstanding-you are so resourceful and there would definitely a market for those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nic! The mosaic frame is made of MDF. I make the mosaic pieces myself, although I sometimes use glass ones too.

      Delete
  27. So much colour and creativity! I like your mosaic with all those interesting textures too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. All the three projects look awesome. The painting of the girls look so beautiful and I love, love the wordings on that. That doodled pot is such a wonderful creative piece .
    Have a wonderful week
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your creativity astonishes me. You COULD definitely find a buyer for that piece. Did you spray it to set the markers on it? (I had deleted the comment b/c I had put couldn't. . .dang.) I love the picture of the 2 gals. . .beautiful and heartfelt. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! No, no spray, I used the markers directly on the plastic. I cleaned it first with some degreaser though ....

      Delete
  31. I absolutely love your mosaic and the painting with the beautiful quote. Great idea with the pot-doodle! I'm late for PPF - busy week-end!!!
    Have a wonderful week!
    Ilona

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !