Wednesday 14 November 2012

Something else ...

Well, I didn't get a reply from the artist I wanted to feature, so no inspiring artist post today I'm afraid. Which is a pity, because I really love her work and would've liked to share it with you. You know, it pisses me off that people don't even bother to reply. How long does it take exactly to hit "reply" and write "thanks but no thanks"? Ten seconds? If you can't spare that, you shouldn't say that people can contact you through that email- address. Ugh!
Well, now that I have that off my chest, I wanted to share something else with you. And I hope it works, because it's a video and I've never shared a video on my blog.

This is someting I came across a few months ago, and I'd forgotten all about it. Until yesterday when I found it buried between my hundreds of favorites. It's eerie and magical and gives me shivers. And it's otherworldly beautiful.


Here's the website where they explain what they do and why. Art in the interest of nature! It can't get any  better than that, can it?

In the meantime, I've been working on my boxes. Here's the doodle-box, not finished but getting there. I hope by Friday they'll all be ready to be varnished.


Just one last reminder about my calendar-give-away. I've noticed that quite a few people mentioned they were going to blog about it, but they didn't yet (as far as I can see). Don't forget to let me know when you've done it, otherwise your name won't go in the draw. You have time until Thursday night, depending on where in the world you're residing. If you're in Australia, you have until Friday.

Well, thanks for visiting. I hope you enjoy the video! ♥

14 comments:

  1. Love your fun colorful boxes! :) Don't get pissed off. :)) Maybe your mail went to spam. It happened to my mail on many occasions and it still baffles me that people don't regularly check their spam folders. I always check and delete several times a day. :)

    Great video! Wouldn't it be awesome if there was a mini me on ocean floor.:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the video. Eigenlijk jammer om dat onder water op te stellen; er hadden zo veel meer mensen van kunnen genieten als het in een park of bos had gestaan. Maar wel mooi om het verval te zien en hoe het zich aan de onderwaterwereld aanpast.
    Je doodle-box is al lekker vol en kleurrijk!!
    Groetjes,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen that work before, Denthe. Isn't it amazing? I'm happy to see it again - I've never seen the video. I just stopped by your new website and it's looking great. You're a busy woman! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful video, it was new to me, thank you for sharing! Love your doodle box! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love your boxes! I know they will be grabbed up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That box in progress looks so vibrant, fun and happy :).
    Stay inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the video share....it's cool...and a bit creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your design ever and alwasy i'm excited about the brilliant colors you combined, really adorable!
    Warm greetings,
    xox Anja

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh I LOVE that video Denthe... thank you so much for sharing... yes... eerie and magical all at the same time... and your painted box is gorgeous...

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. The video was great!!! I've heard of that but never saw the video...very impressive :0) Your box is looking very good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hello,
    amazing film, thank you for sharing that!

    such a fun box!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your boxes are so cool - love all the colors and how you wrap your images around the edges!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my!! how fantastic!! many feelings inside of me while I watched it, both tearful and sad, and it was a bit creepy.. a sort of armageddon in a way..
    but still so fantastic! I have to go and read about it, your link..
    thanks for showing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !