Monday 24 September 2012

Face nr. 23: I always win ...


Thanks for sympathizing with me on my previous post . Didn't get everything done today, but at least I finished all the things that I really didn't feel like doing. 


Here's my girl for today:


Looks like she has a goatie. Which she hasn't, but that's what you get when you make one-line-drawings. You have to go back and forth over the same lines, and today my hand was a bit shaky I guess. Oh, well, never mind. Only 6 more faces to go. I can't believe how fast September has gone by.

Didn't catch up with the 29 faces-participants yet, but I'll get there. Just not tonight, because tomorrow it's my daughter's birthday, and  I still have to pack her presents and decorate the room. She'll be ten tomorrow! Almost a teenager, oh dear ... My son just turned 12, and he's definitely showing signs of the dreaded sullen, stubborn and cheeky teenager ... I'm not sure I'm ready for this ...

Well, thanks for visiting, and I'll be back tomorrow with a new face!
♥♥♥

9 comments:

  1. You have the coolest quotes! What size are you working on? I envision a big picture frame with all the one liners.
    Happy birthday to your girl! :)
    Mine are 16 and 13. Trust me, you grow with them, you´ll be able to handle the teen years. {big mom to mom hug}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula :-) I make these girls in a journal I made myself. They are all on a square of approx. 10x10cm. I'm thinking about putting them on t-shirts in a Zazzle or Redbubble-shop ...

      Delete
  2. Love this, haha! Teenagers...yeah, I remember those years...put your suit of armor on and smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love her cheeky look and the quote. Think of the teenage years as a great source of quotable material for your one liners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your faces and quotes - they makes me smile! Good luck with the almost-teens... personally I dread them too... I hope Paula is right that you grow with them... but I think I have a lot of growing do before we get there!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely new piece and the quote is perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that quote made me smile!! Love your girl and it looks like a shadow as she quickly turns her head...You have the expression fitting the quote spot on...so impressive... Love it!! You go girl!! Happy Birthday to your daughter!! Your son will be fine, just embrace the man he's becoming, a little good direction and he'll be amazing!!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this painting too!You've a fine humor:-)
    xox Anja

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !